I am going to modify Rescatux 0.32 roadmap so that it’s easier to release Rescatux 0.32 even if it lacks some importants items.
- We drop UEFI Boot Support. This does not mean not being able to fix grub systems based on UEFI. What it means is that I was going to make sure that you could boot Rescatux cd in EFI mode without a problem. You will be able to boot Rescatux cd from a UEFI system if the CD is booted in legacy boot mode (BIOS) but not as EFI mode. The reason for dropping this UEFI boot support is because of Debian Live for its Debian Wheezy version not being good enough for enabling UEFI boot based on grub2. I also do not want to achieve the same result by using current SG2D and the Rescatux isolinux image as I did in the old days. I just want a plain isolinux based ISO image and that’s it. I also do not want to rebase Rescatux on Debian Jessie even if it’s tempting. Once we release the stable Rescatux 0.32 we would be able to think about rebasing Rescatux on Debian Jessie which its Live Build package will have EFI support based on syslinux / isolinux. Not yet, but I’m sure that they won’t release Debian Live for Jessie without EFI boot support because it’s a must nowadays.
- Doubts about SELinux. I was about to drop SELinux support but I will make more tests and depending on the result I might drop it or not.
Well, that’s not as much as I had thought but these are some changes. Hopefully I do not rewrite release roadmap for 0.32 in the future again.
Roadmap for Rescatux 0.32 stable release:
You can check the complete changelog with link to each one of the issues at: Rescatux 0.32-freeze roadmap.
- [#1323] GPT support
- [#1364] Review Copyright notice
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2188] install-mbr : Windows 7 seems not to be fixed with it
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2190] debian-live. Include cpu detection and loopback cfg patches
- (Fixed in 0.32b3) [#2191] Change Keyboard layout
[#2192] UEFI boot support
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2193] bootinfoscript: Use it as a package
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2199] Btrfs support
- [#2205] Handle different default sh script
- [#2216] Verify separated /usr support
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2217] chown root root on sudoers
- [#2220] Make sure all the source code is available
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2221] Detect SAM file algorithm fails with directories which have spaces on them
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2227] Use chntpw 1.0-1 from Jessie
- [#2231] SElinux support on chroot options
- [#2233] Disable USB automount
- [#2236] chntpw based options need to be rewritten for reusing code
- [#2239]http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wizard-step-put-rescatux-into-a-media/suppose that the image is based on Super Grub2 Disk version and not Isolinux.The step about extracting iso inside an iso would not be longer needed.”>Update doc: Put Rescatux into a media for Isolinux based cd
- (Fixed in: 0.32b2) [#2259] Update bootinfoscript to the latest GIT version
- [#2264] chntpw – Save prior registry files
- [#2234] New option: Easy Grub fix
- [#2235] New option: Easy Windows Admin