Author Topic: Rocks Cluster Distro 6.1 -- Not booting  (Read 5250 times)

Offline imm0rta1693

Rocks Cluster Distro 6.1 -- Not booting
« on: 2014/05/08, 09:48:09 am »
OK pros, noob talking here.
I'm trying to ISOBoot, but cannot get it to work as supposed to (due to strange setup of files).

What i have, is this:

Code: [Select]
menuentry "Rocks Cluster 6.1.1" {
         set isofile="/iso/rocks-v6.1-emerald-boa.iso"
         loopback loop (hd0,5)$isofile
         linux (loop)/isolinux/vmlinuz boot=isolinux iso-scan/filename=$isofile noprompt noeject ks=cdrom:/(loop)/ks.cfg
         initrd (loop)/isolinux/initrd.img
 }

With this, i'm only capable of getting it to a bluescreen (not a BSOD, CTRL + ALT + DEL still functions). The bootable DVD seems to work as it's supposed to. It boots up and gives you a splash screen. You type "build" and it works as it's supposed to.
So, my question is -- How can i make it boot with the command "build"? Or if anyone knows, is it even possible to boot with 100% functionality?

Thanks,
Imm0rta1693.  :)

Offline adrian15

• Administrator
  • Please test Rescatux and report back feedback...
    • El blog de adrian15
Re: Rocks Cluster Distro 6.1 -- Not booting
« Reply #1 on: 2014/07/13, 22:45:53 pm »
(Sorry for the late answer)
You should ask Rocks people if they support this kind of boot and which boot parametrers are needed.
They will probably give you an isolinux example where kernel and initrd have been previously extracted and live next to the big iso file.

With that example we can easily convert into a grub entry like the one you have done.

What I mean is that this kind of boot must be supported by the distro itself.
If you have liked this piece of advice please consider donating to the Super Grub Disk project.