Howto Fix Grub/de
Nach einer Windows Re-Installation, bootet Linux nicht mehr!
Andere Beschreibungen für das gleiche Problem
- Wie reinstalliere ich Grub?
- Grub ist verschwunden, wie finde ich es wieder?
- Ich habe Windows reinstalliert, und das Ubuntu Auswahl Menu ist nicht mehr da.
Dies ist einfachste und unkomplizierteste Methode für Windows Nutzer. Siehe: Auto Super Grub Disk.
- GRUB => MBR & !LINUX! (1) AUTO ;-)))
- SGD reinstalliert Grub vollautomatisch und das Grub Boot Menü erscheint wieder.
Nicht ganz so schnelle Lösung
- GRUB => MBR & !LINUX! (>2) MANUAL |8-)
- Wähle die Partition aus, die das Grub enthält, das reinstalliert werden soll.
- Wähle die Partition aus, die Du booten möchtest.
- Super Grub Disk (WITH HELP) :-)))
- Wähle die Partition aus, die das Grub enthält, das reinstalliert werden soll. SGD schließt ab mit: SGD war erfolgreich.
Sometimes the hard disk where you want to GRUB to be installed might not be the first one. If you want to install GRUB into a non-standard MBR you can choose:
- Super Grub Disk (WITH HELP) :-)))
- English Super Grub Disk
- Restore Grub to MBR
- Restore Grub to MBR manually
- Select the partition where GRUB it is found (i.e. stage1 is found).
- Select the hard disk where you want GRUB installed to its MBR.
Sometimes BIOS does not "show" Super Grub Disk's grub the correct hard disk boot order. It's even possible that SGD says that it's fixing grub ok and it actually fixes it but in the wrong hard disk. The hard disk that it is not the first one to boot. It's also possible that you try to boot your computer's Linux and you have some errors but when you boot normally it works without any problem.
If you only have two hard disks from the quick menu choose: EASY LIVE SWAP and then try to Fix Grub another time and SGD should succeed ok.
GRUB solution (on its own)
Find the partition where GRUB stage1 it is.
grub>find /boot/grub/stage1 grub>find /grub/stage1
Output from these commands might be:
Let's suppose that you want to restore GRUB from second partition on first hard disk (hd0,1).
Just type these commands:
Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... yes Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists... yes Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5" exists... yes Running "embed /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0)"... 15 sectors are embedded. succeeded Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 d (hd0) (hd0)1+15 p (hd0,1)/boot/grub/stage 2 /boot/grub/menu.lst"... succeeded Done.
Now you can reboot your machine with the reboot command.
GRUB solution (Linux shell)
Let's suppose you know that your Linux installation is located at sda3 partition. From a live cd you should do:
$ sudo su # mkdir /mnt/test # mount -t ext3 -o dev /dev/sda3 /mnt/test # chroot /dev/sda3 # grub-install /dev/sda # exit # umount /mnt/test # reboot # This is optional.
Tip: You might have to change ext3 to fit your partition filesystem type.
GRUB2 solution (on its own)
As long as I know GRUB2 cannot recover itself on its own.
GRUB2 solution (Linux shell)
You have to type the same commands as the ones found at: #GRUB solution (Linux shell) where we suppose that you have a GRUB2 installed in the GRUB partitions and thus grub-install is not the command from GRUB but the command from GRUB2.
This feature is not yet available at the Rescapp program. It is available at the Super Grub Disk included with Rescatux. If you want to have this feature at the Rescapp program please complain at the super grub disk mailing list.
When you reinstall Windows, MBR boot code points to Windows partition boot sector. Windows partition boot sector has a programa that loads Windows. When you reinstall GRUB, MBR boot code points either to GRUB's stage1_5 file (After MBR and before first partition) or to GRUB's stage2 file (found at the linux filesystem). Either stage1_5 or stage2 read the menu.lst file and present the GRUB menu to the user.
One thing you should know
- These methods only restore GRUB successfully if a stage1,stage2 (and optionally a stage1_5 file) is found. If you have deleted these files the GRUB solution (Linux shell) might help although it might be better to reinstall GRUB from a chroot environment got from a live cd.
If your Linux filesystem has errors GRUB might not be able to find its files even if they are there. So sometimes is advised to try to run the:
fsck -yc /dev/DEV
command as root where DEV is your linux partition device.
fsck -yc /dev/sda3
will fix the third partition from an scsi or sata first disk (Although it might not actually be the first one).
- OpenSolaris GRUB cannot be restored to MBR which this method. You need to boot Linux and then use the install-grub command. See man install-grub for more info.
- If menu.lst is incorrect you will be able to access your menu.lst again but maybe Linux entries might not boot.
You can always check the possible problems when fixing grub from Super Grub Disk in Super Grub Disk Problems page.
- Herman's Documentation: I reinstalled Windows and Linux no longer boots.
- Forat. Como reparar el menu de arranque Grub con Super Grub Disk (Spanish)
Wanna play Blu-ray movie on Apple TV? This guide will tell you step by step how to convert and play Blu-ray movie on Apple TV.
A step-by-step guide to convert MOD to WAV: Step One: Import the MOD files to MOD Converter. Step Two: Set output format and correlative settings. Step Three: Converting MOD to WAV.
Many of you may wonder why there's a need for a DVD to iPod converter.
Best DVD to iPhone Converter is a multifunctional tool, which does not only convert DVD to iPhone formats but also edit the output.
How to use the Zune dvd converter Ripper program may be the best thing you ever do.
DVD to Apple TV Converter award-winning DVD to Apple TV Video Converter to rip, proves professional to convert DVD to Apple TV video easily.
<a href="http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/">Video converter</a> is the easiest way to get your video in the format you want, convert video and audio to iPod, PSP, iPhone, Zune, Xbox.
3gp video Converter helps you transfer videos and audiotracks to your cell phone.
Pavtube DVD Ripper for Mac can rip DVD to most popular video and audio formats with high image and sound quality. You can fast rip DVD to AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, DivX, H.264/AVC, MOV, 3GP, MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, M4A, etc.
FLV converter for Mac is also a flash video editing tool.