Author Topic: windows 7 bootmgr is missing  (Read 11516 times)

Offline bobthebilder

windows 7 bootmgr is missing
« on: 2012/07/29, 09:19:54 am »
Hello,

I deleted my ubuntu partition off my the disk management on my windows 7 (big mistake). after trying to start my laptop again ive been geting grub rescue errors. i looked online and the best solution to that was to put in a win 7 disk and run some commands in the command prompt. even after all that, the repair manager was unable to detect my windows installation.

after this ive been getting the "BOOTMGR is missing" error. i ran across Rescatux and these boot problem tools and thought maybe they can help me. i feel like the MBR isn't working properly for me. what would be the best way to start trouble shooting this problem. i really want to fix my laptop asap and don't want to lose any of my data on my win 7 partition. i've been using testdisk as well and it shows that i still have my win 7 partition there with the recovery as well.

someone please help me. ive been struggling with this problem for sometime now.

hope to hear back soon :)

Offline bobthebilder

Re: windows 7 bootmgr is missing
« Reply #1 on: 2012/07/29, 21:56:04 pm »
bump! please help me

Offline adrian15

• Administrator
  • Please test Rescatux and report back feedback...
    • El blog de adrian15
Re: windows 7 bootmgr is missing
« Reply #2 on: 2013/01/19, 11:26:38 am »
Try to start your Windows from Super Grub2 Disk. It will be easier to fix Windows boot from itself.

If it doesn't work then find another method for fixing Windows boot.
If you have liked this piece of advice please consider donating to the Super Grub Disk project.